PIM Product Information Management: meaning and use in SMEs
Why PIM Product Information Management is important to PIMs. What does PIM mean?
What is Product Information Management? Why and above all how can it help SMEs to optimize the work of the marketing, graphics, sales and technical departments? We will answer all these questions point by point, to give you a clear and precise overview of this revolutionary tool for all companies that produce and market hundreds and thousands of products.
The PIM software is the tool that puts an end to the chaos and delirium of always wrong product information, not aligned on all communication and sales tools. PIM Product Information Management is the tool for digitizing product information, for the digital transformation of companies, for optimizing the work of all the teams involved.
The 7 limiting factors for the company
There are 7 factors responsible for limiting the digital transformation of Italian companies and they are:
- Companies have product data of very different types, both for the form, which can be textual, photographic, video, etc., and for their architecture.
- Over the years, great steps have been taken towards the management and production front of a company, adopting various techniques that have allowed its improvement. However, these steps were not accompanied by the organization of product information, which is still a sore point especially for the marketing and commercial departments.
- In this situation it therefore becomes challenging to be able to coordinate product information between the various departments in an aligned way.
- The manual layout, usually by a graphic designer, of commercial documents such as catalogs, price lists, commercial offers and much more and the manual insertion of products in e-commerce by the marketer cancel all the effort made to collect this information risking making mistakes.
- The information written on a layout is equivalent to information written in the sand, because every time an information needs to be changed, it must be changed on each individual tool and not from a single source.
- There is no control over the organization and distribution of information.
- The graphic designer does a customization job that takes a lot of time both in the creation and in the revisions requested by the client.
Product Information Management: what are its advantages.
PIM Product Information Management is a software that allows you to collect, organize and publish product information on different communication and distribution channels. It consists of collaborative processes and technologies that help companies manage and organize product data, and then transmit them wherever they are needed: catalogs, price lists, data sheets, commercial offers, e-commerce, websites and apps.
Anyone within the company has the ability to access PIM Product Information Management and its product data, always updated in real time.
The new all-Italian PIM:On Page®
On Page®allows you to create and publish product information anywhere and in no time, thanks toautomatic and relational pagination. It allows collaboration between different members of the same team in the insertion and management of product information.
Create and print documents, if necessary, enriched with all the photos, technical drawings and useful information for the sale, always updated and available in real time.